Hi Brave New Rust Community,
Both servers are updated! Hemp Farms are a GO!…
AUS/NZ Server is UP! Sorry that it was down for a bit. Thanks for your patience.
Moving sucks but with all the action and updates on Rust, looks like everything is a go. I hope everything is well on the island of Brave New Rust. It looks like I will be moving out of California next week and I will be up in Washington, by the end of the month. I hope soon, I can upgrade my rig and support a new Graphic Card but I can’t upgrade until I’m all settled. We as a community can continue to try to bring great community members to our server, but overall Brave New Rust, should be a self sustaining community, and I appreciate you guys populating the server and bearing with me during my transition.
The Australian Server was a down for a bit last night but I submitted a ticket and had to get it up again with some server issues, but Everything should be good to go now for the server end.
It looks like Garry is giving Rust a great update with Hemp Farming, Water Purification, and Anti-hacks. This definitely give Rust a nice personality that broadens the survival feel. I hope once everything is all settled with my moving position, I would like to add a PvE server, in the future for building experimenting, PvE, and Carebearing.
Garry is working on more Anti-Hack so hes listening to a lot of suggestions to fix the cheating problem. Overall, please don’t cheat on Brave New Rust, we are trying to have a great Vanilla experience, and it looks like y’all are still having fun.
Again, thank you for being part of the community, if you like this community and want to support it, we take donations for Brave New Rust and it will go toward my time and maintenance for the server. If you got no money, you can always support me by following my social media.
“Brave New Rust” Admin/Owner
- Optimized and improved 3rd person player animations
- More sound mix tweaks
- New fish caught sounds for traps
- Decay states save and load on server restart
- Decay uses less server memory
- Building block decay timer correctly resets when fully repaired
- Fixed viewmodels spazzing out for one frame when deployed
- Client load balancer pauses other work while network packets have to be processed
- Fixed roof side conditional models occasionally missing on the client
- Fixed entity pool warning when certain pine trees were destroyed
- Repairing now requires all types of resources an object costs (instead of just one)
- Fixed plant entity leak when their happiness was stuck around zero
- Plant skins use prefab pooling for performance
- Plant server convars actually do what they claim to do
- Fixed planting and harvesting particle effect rotations
- Added hemp seeds and hemp farming
- Wild corn and pumpkins always spawn next to rivers
- Reduced driftwood decor object density
- Dialed back tint randomization of wild hemp
- Fixed possible server side NaN / infinity positions of physics entities
- Tightened valid cupboard placement angle
- Fixed world models, ragdolls and debris ignoring cave triggers
- Fixed server projectiles like rockets ignoring cave triggers
- Fixed floating deployables in caves
- Fixed turret line of sight check in caves
- Fixed patrol helicopter and turret not seeing and firing through fences
- Added anti hack kick counter to admin status command
- Added another layer of fly hack protection
- Added server side projectile speed verification
- Powerline cables now cast shadows
- Powerline cables are now affected by fog
- Fixed seam in river transition to ocean caused by fog
- Added halterneck and skirt
- Silencer durability increased
- Silencer damage reduction slightly reduced
- Added water purifier
- Can no longer codelock fish traps